Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Still fun Sober!!

Ok, second week in a row, I played WITHOUT BEER!!! And I found out, it's still fun. I bet I'll be back on the beer next week, though.
So here's what...we had a REALLY good crowd, Ralph and Ted were working the bar, Amy and Jarrel were there for the first set (Always nice to see them). There's a new guy there working the door named Ricardo who was doing a great job and we had a fun group of girls to start off the night. They were already dancing (and drinking) before we even got started, so I took that as a pretty good sign! The rest of the night followed suit - there was a really nice guy named Allen who contributed to our Sobriety foundation fund - AKA the tip jar and was very complimentary. Later on throughout the night, there were a lot of compliments and some really enthusiastic applause. One of the coolest things was that we met with 3 different people who asked to take our card to either where they work or a bar they frequent to try to get us in to those places. One was right on Clearwater Beach, one in Tampa and even one in Sarasota!! (I figured we could make a weekend getaway out of that one!) You know I have to take Sean out of the area in order to get him to sit still, so that might be a good one! Anyway, great night, although KC didn't make it for the first time in a while - he was missed, but we had a lot of fun. See you next week!

1 comment:

The Flying Pinto said...

Sober? What a concept!I love being able to visit this part of your life through your blogging. When am I going to hear your new song? xoxo