Thursday, July 3, 2008

You never know!!

Another Tuesday night at Kelly's...another great crowd. You wouldn't be able to tell from the amount of applause though...there WAS none. But we had some guys who were in touch with their inner child and had a blast driving the tip jar around so they were able to collect an amazing amount of tip money for us! Considering the amount of attention we were getting, we were shocked see that we had our highest tip night ever... it was a great surprise. Just goes to show you, ya can't judge a crowd by the feedback. All in all, it was a great night, but started out a little shakey. I got a request for a song out of order and sometimes that throws me off so I messed up a bit on that one. But Sean was very supportive and got me back on track so by the middle of the night, my confidence level was up and we had a really good time. My friend Scott came out for the last time, he's moving to Hawaii on Monday. He's this amazing guy who is full of compliments and is very good for my ego...needless to say, I'm very sad to see him go. Scott happens to be gay and for some reason, Sean thinks that I attract a gay following so he keeps calling me Cher! Well, we'll have to see if I can bring in another one once Scott leaves me...see if I can prove or disprove Sean's theory. : -) That's about it...Sean and I are still working on our originals, we have one almost ready to perform. It's called "Sunrise in Miami"...once it's recorded, I'll post the link. We'll most likely give it a shot at our next Tuesday gig....wish us luck!

No comments: